Invest In Customer Success with Best Commercial Washer and Dryer for Salon and Spa In Austin TX
There are few segments more competitive in the beauty industry than nail salons, massage parlors, and spas. According to the Small Business Administration, the hair care services industry alone in the United States has more than 80,000 establishments with combined annual revenue of about $20 billion.
With hundreds of salons in the area, commercial laundry equipment in Austin are a vital part of your business. Why? Because with that level of competition (and opportunity), keeping the towels, uniforms, and other materials clean and available for continuous operation, you'd naturally want to save costs and optimize the laundry department for optimal efficiency.
One of the areas where you can make a difference in your business is with quality commercial washers and dryers in Austin to help you do just that! Let's read more about why it makes a difference.
Cleanliness is key
The cleanliness of your salon can have a significant impact on the success of your business, and there's no faster way to keep clients away than having a salon that smells bad or looks dirty. One of the most important things to know is that if your salon provides services such as manicures, pedicures, and waxing, it can carry harmful, infection-causing bacteria that are potentially dangerous, especially when the fear of coronavirus is present.
Today's modern laundry equipment is designed for cleanliness and sanitation. Some manufacturers, such as Dexter Laundry, have integrated functions like flexible wash cycles and automatic chemical injection options that will remove all the hair, oils, lotions, dyes, and nail polishes from your materials.
Covid did not make things easier
Omnicron is just the latest mutation of the Coronavirus pandemic, but it won't be the last. It is also important to note that salons and spas in Austin were some of the first of the businesses shuttered by restrictions because of the discretionary nature and the close personal contact between patrons and staff. Preparing for future regulation is prudent since spas and salons continue to be scrutinized for their operations.
In addition to distancing and shielding your staff and patrons, it is essential to note that porous, soft surfaces cannot really be disinfected, but they can be cleaned. Items like towels and uniforms and some chair covers are covered in a porous material. Even cloth masks need to be routinely laundered, according to the CDC.
Commercial laundry machines age over time and become outdated
Just like your car or refrigerator, most equipment needs to be maintained or replaced as everyday wear and tear will reduce the life of your machine. Beauty-focused companies that use home appliances or older, outdated units are even more likely to have more breakdowns and fewer key features. Newer commercial washers and dryers for salons and spas In Austin will help drive your salon to the next level and set you apart from your competitors.
More Efficient - You don't need to waste time waiting for laundry cycles to complete. Clean towels, washcloths, linens, smocks, and aprons need to be washed quickly and thoroughly. Commercial washers and dryers, as opposed to residential units, are built to handle larger loads, maximize space, and use less power and water. This allows you to finish your laundry faster and handle more loads throughout the day.
Eco-friendly solutions are also something you don't get in older or residential units. The market loves an environmentally friendly business model, and consumers will pay more for and be more loyal to establishments that embrace an eco-friendly approach. Some salons, for example, even use the environmental approach to marketing their brand. Salons and spas in Austin need a sustainable path, and the last few years of innovation in laundry technology will get you there. The latest machines offer faster cycle times, temperature, and water level controls that use less water and electricity, along with increased energy efficiency, which will help meet your green goals and reduce your utility costs.
Maintenance and Longevity - Older machines also tend to break down more often. The life expectancy of commercial washers and dryers for salons differs based on how many cycles can be performed before starting to break down. Well-built commercial laundry machines can typically complete about 5,000 cycle loads of laundry, which should provide 14 to 15 years of service. Top performers, such as units by Continental Girbau, LG, Huebsch, B&C Technologies, and Dexter, can handle up to 8,000 cycles of laundry or more. These newer machines also have fantastic warranties that cover replacement parts for several years after purchase—an excellent long-term investment.
Enhanced features - If you use older commercial washers and dryers, you are missing out on advances that can make laundry management more accessible and efficient. Manufacturers today have several additional features that make newer machines more appealing, such as intelligent tub cleaning, self-diagnostics, and programmable controls. Simple controls make training and operation faster. Many units are also tuned to use less water or extract at higher rates. Newer product configurations, such as stacked units, can accommodate tight spaces. Some units even allow for reporting to tell how your equipment is performing.
Choosing equipment in a sea of competitors can be overwhelming
There are many brands out there, and some may be familiar names to you, but it's important to know what type of equipment is best for your needs. Machine sizing is essential for ensuring your laundry equipment can handle the required laundry poundage. Space and electrical setup are also key requirements to consider. The Skyline team can help you with evaluating these issues. Here are some of the machines we recommend:
Some of the brands we recommend:
- Continental Girbau - The company's flagship brand, Continental serves the needs of on-premise (OPL) and vended laundries with a lineup of commercial products, including washer-extractors, ironing systems, drying tumblers, folders, and stackers. Each machine is specifically designed and manufactured to maximize throughput and production, cut utility usage and overhead costs; deliver unsurpassed performance and reliability; and boost profits, quality, and ease of operation. They also meet rigorous environmental and safety standards.
- EconoWash & EconoDry - Another great product line from Continental Girbau's product portfolio is the Econ-O-Dry product. Like its flagship brand, these commercial laundry products include continuous batch tunnel washing systems, washer-extractors, drying tumblers, feeders, ironers, drywork and flatwork folders, stackers, and associated conveyor systems. All are proven performers engineered for efficiency, productivity, programmability, ease of use, and durability.
- LG - Known as one of the leading brands in consumer and commercial markets, the LG line of commercial laundry systems offers unrivaled energy efficiency, programmability, installation flexibility, and durability. Available in electric and natural gas models, they can be configured to meet the needs of any on-premise laundry application.
- B&C Technologies is another industry leader and manufactures a full line of commercial washers, dryers, ironers, feeders, and folders for salons and spas in Austin. They offer a complete line of commercial laundry equipment to fit any demands. Look for B&C to provide the highest quality components, a long lifespan, easy-to-use controls, and dedicated customer service.
- Dexter - Dexter on-premise laundry equipment (OPL) is designed to be strong enough to handle your most challenging laundry needs. They offer an extensive product line that features simple controls and processes laundry faster and more efficiently. They also have product configurations explicitly designed for tight spaces to make it easy for your employees to process laundry. Dexter equipment is backed by an industry-leading warranty and lifetime technical support.
- Articlean - Experience an extra level of cleanliness while reducing OPL operating costs. With an ozone system from Articlean, bacteria, viruses, and germs are eliminiated with powerful, naturally occurring oxidation that leaves your laundry clean and smelling fresh. Safe and powerful, these units prevent cross-contamination of laundry and use up to 95% less hot water and gas, which reduces operating costs.
Overwhelmed? Skyline Equipment is here to help
Skyline Equipment is much more than a laundry equipment distribution center. We provide a full breadth of laundry consulting services, equipment, and parts to benefit our customers genuinely. In business for more than 50 years, Skyline is known throughout the Austin area and throughout Texas for its laundry development expertise, reliability, unmatched response time, fairness, and service after the sale.
Our 10,000-square-foot facility houses a large parts, equipment, and service area to ensure quick turn-around and convenience for our customers. Our staff of factory-trained employees are fully committed to customer satisfaction.
We will help you with laundry operation analysis, laundry design, workflow, equipment mix & installation, and service after the sale.
For more information or to speak with a representative about your specific needs, contact us online today or call (800) 444-1227 / (281) 445-9907.
Call us today at 800-444-1227 or contact us online to learn more about the investment opportunities with commercial laundromat equipment in Rio Grande Valley, Texas.